Apr-May & Nov-Dec: T-Sat 10-5, Sun 11-3
Jun-Oct: M-Th 10-5, F-Sat 10-7, Sun 11-4
Through a diverse spectrum of community arts programming, Lanesboro Arts supports both emerging and established artists, revitalizes public spaces, and builds a sense of community and civic pride among the 754 people who call Lanesboro home. Bringing innovative arts experiences to audiences for over 35 years, Lanesboro Arts serves as a national model for empowering communities through the arts.
Lanesboro Arts programs include:
• Juried Sales Gallery featuring work by more than 90 regional artists working in variety of media.
• Exhibition Gallery showcasing five diverse individual or group art exhibits each year, in addition to annual High School & Emerging Artist Exhibitions.
• St. Mane Theatre, an historic 126-seat venue that presents films, concerts, drama, and the 'Over the Back Fence' community variety show.
• Art in the Park annual fine art festival in Sylvan Park with 90+ artist booths, live music, food vendors, & more -- taking place in 2017 on Saturday, June 17.
• Artist Residency Program that connects the community to emerging artists from Minnesota & New York City through place-based art projects.
• Arts education & creation activities such as 'Kids Create!' & 'Surprise Sculpture'.
• Lanesboro Arts Campus initiatives such as the Poetry Parking Lot, Discover Sculpture Explore Lanesboro Medallion walking tour, & Artful Wayfinding Signage.
• Other cross sector collaborations such as the Youth Access Technology Project or Water/Ways through the Smithsonian’s Museum on Main Street program.
The Gallery Intern will work primarily in Lanesboro Arts’ Juried Sales and Exhibition Art Galleries under the direction of gallery director Robbie Brokken. Job duties will include gallery sales, display, exhibit preparation and installations, working with 100+ artists from the tristate region, and special events (like receptions, box office at St. Mane Theatre performances, Art in the ...read more
This position will work directly with the Lanesboro Arts Program Director & the St. Mane Theatre Technical Director on a broad range of communications & events activities in an active & innovative non-profit setting. The Communications Intern gain hands-on experience creating effective and impactful social media & website content, news releases, storytelling videos, and physical ...read more
This position will work directly with the Lanesboro Arts Organizational Assistant on a broad range of advancement and engagement activities. The Advancement Intern will gain experience working in an innovative arts non-profit creating awareness and opportunities for people to make art a part of individual’s everyday life. This position will assist in event logistics for inter-generational ...read more