Stay Safe in Lanesboro™
Stay Safe in Lanesboro™
Due to ongoing precautionary measures, please contact the business directly for updated hours and availability.
Partner with Us to Keep Lanesboro Safe!
We all have a role to play in keeping our communities safe and healthy. When visiting restaurants, businesses and other public places, you can have a huge impact on the well-being of everyone in our community just by following a few simple guidelines.
We ask you to also follow your own preparedness plan by not traveling if you are sick, washing your hands frequently, wearing a mask while in close contact with others, and remembering to physically distance yourself from others. Rest assured, your safety is of the utmost importance to us. By working together, we can strive to prioritize the health of everyone that lives and visits the heart of bluff country, Lanesboro.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
You can help create a safer, healthier environment for everyone by following a few guidelines and best practices:
- Be Proactive, exercise an abundance of caution, and heed the advice of medical professionals at the MDH and the CDC
- Wear a cloth face covering like a mask or scarf.
- Wait your turn by maintaining six feet of physical distance from others.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer.
- Be patient and kind to staff and other guests as we all try to adjust to a new normal.
- Practice Safety - As a small rural community, we have limited health care resources. In addition, be considerate of the fact that our Emergency Management Services and Fire Departments are all volunteer based. While our emergency services personnel are professionally trained and dedicated to keeping our community safe, taking an unnecessary risk puts these volunteers at increased risk.
- Stay Longer - Why not stay awhile and get to know us better! Extending your stay will not only be beneficial to your mental well-being but it will also allow you to dive a little deeper and explore the wonders of our area.
WHAT BUSINESSES ARE DOING
- Ensure staff wear cloth face coverings if they cannot keep six feet apart.
- Ensure safe sanitation practices are followed.
- Provide hand sanitizer or handwashing stations at all entrances.
- Make sure indoor and outdoor seating meets all physical distancing guidelines.
- Clean and sanitize common areas, bathrooms and high-touch surfaces regularly using the CDC recommendations.
- Clean settings, utensils, menus and condiments after every use or provide single-use options.
- Check List of Participating Businesses
Lanesboro Area Chamber of Commerce has compiled a list of resources below that will keep you up to date on the happenings in Lanesboro*:
- [July 1, 2020]
The Visitor Center IS NOW OPEN TO PUBLIC
"through the looking plexiglass" (bay window service):Friday: noon - 5pm | Saturday: 10am - 5pm | Sunday: 10am - 2pm
We are also virtually here for you, just a call or click away: Please call our office at 507-467-2696.
- [June 1, 2020] -- The City of Lanesboro Council has recommended to reopen public access to:
- bathrooms at the Visitor Center and Campground (plus portable bathrooms at the BASS POND & additional locations TBD); Sylvan Park Campground Bathhouse is open and cleaned daily 5:30am - 7:30am - recommended to bring own hand sanitizer.
- public spaces: basketball courts, tennis courts, ballfield, and playground equipment;
- The Sylvan Park Campground IS OPEN TO PUBLIC with accordance to the recommended MN State guidelines. All open sites will be first come first served basis and payment is made by cash or check at the entrance to the campground by placing it in provided envelope and into the drop box. Click for more information »
- Lanesboro Riverview Campground will be closed for the 2020 season: Riverview Campground will not be available due to the construction project happing at the Lanesboro Dam. Additionally the Lanesboro Dam Parking Lot will also be closed and unavailable during the construction process.
- Curbside Dining™ - check who offers takeout and support Lanesboro Small Business »
- Convenient and handy are our digital publications:
For Lanesboro Community and Local Businesses:
- List of Critical Sector Businesses in Lanesboro - their hours and operations (pdf) This is not a comprehensive list of businesses or information. Due to ongoing precautionary measures, please contact the business directly for updated hours and availability.
- Lanesboro Area Chamber of Commerce COVID-19 Toolbox (link)
* Please note things are changing on a daily basis - for the most accurate information contact individual business.
- [July 1, 2020]