Concert: Ann and Andy Lowe, AKA "Needy Dog" a tthe St. Mane Theatre
At 7:00 pm on Saturday, January 20th, enjoy an evening of contemporary acoustic music at the St. Mane Theatre with Ann and Andy Lowe AKA “Needy Dog.” Performing original music from their “Time Will Take Us” and “Truckin’ Along" albums as well as some new songs, Ann and Andy will move you with their soulful harmonies, complementary guitar work and personal lyrics.
Tickets are on sale now for $20 ($15 Lanesboro Arts Members).
For Ann and Andy, it’s all about drawing rich, complex harmonies from a mixture of original music and songs by their favorite artists. Their music is accompanied by guitar, harmonica and banjo and is best characterized as contemporary acoustic folk. Performing under the moniker, Needy Dog, the duo are a share a mutual love of harmony and complementary guitar work. Their songs are deep, honest reflections on their lives and experience, and sure to touch their fans. They have recorded five CDs between the two of them. “Time Will Take Us” is their most recent CD and features Ben Winship, Ross Martin and Brian Wicklund.
Ann grew up singing everything she could wrap her voice around, from Motown to Jazz, to Folk. Playing guitar, singing and writing songs have been life-long loves. Ann’s music has been influenced by artists such as Shawn Colvin, Bonnie Raitt, Jackson Brown and Amy Grant. She is also inspired by contemporary artists such as Ray Lamontagne and Aoife O’ Donovan.
Andy is from Missoula, Montana, with deep roots in Southern music including bluegrass and traditional mountain folk music. Learning to play guitar in the 70s added overtones of Gordon Lightfoot, Guy Clark, and John Prine. He continues to expand his singing, playing, and songwriting by listening to the work of Jeffrey Foucault and Eric Taylor.
This event is made possible by the voters of Minnesota through a Minnesota State Arts Board grant, thanks to a legislative appropriation from the arts and cultural heritage fund.
- The St. Mane Theatre box office will open at 6:00 p.m. the day of the event. Tickets will also be sold in-person beginning at that time.
- Each ticket purchased with a bank card will be charged an additional processing fee of $0.99. Patrons can avoid this processing fee by paying via cash or check in the Lanesboro Arts Gallery, or before the event in the St. Mane Theatre lobby.
If you are unable to purchase tickets online or need additional assistance, you may try calling to purchase a ticket over the phone during business hours. Tickets are also sold in-person during business hours at Lanesboro Arts Gallery. 507-467-2446 If you are unable to purchase tickets online or need additional assistance, you may try calling 507-467-2446 to purchase a ticket over the phone during business hours. Tickets are also sold in-person during business hours at Lanesboro Arts Gallery.
- We will have a list of the ticket buyer names at the box office beginning at 6:30 p.m. If the buyer and their guests arrive together, no physical receipt or proof of purchase is needed in order to be admitted to the event–we will have a list!
- Alternatively, attendees can present a printed copy of the ticket PDF the ticket buyer was e-mailed or simply pull it up and present it on a smart device.
- Lanesboro Arts is committed to accessibility for all people. Learn more about our access services.