Executive Director Job Post
Executive Director Job Post
Lanesboro Area Chamber of Commerce Executive Director
The Lanesboro Area Chamber of Commerce (LACC) is a 100+ member-based organization that exists to advance the civic, commercial, cultural, environmental, recreational, industrial, and agricultural interests of the city of Lanesboro, a thriving southeastern Minnesota community that has become a destination for hundreds of thousands of visitors. To this end, the Lanesboro Area Chamber of Commerce strategically promotes the Lanesboro area as a desirable place to live, work, visit and operate a business, while serving as both a catalyst for cooperation among Lanesboro area businesses & community organizations and as a resource for entrepreneurs working to retain, expand, and develop beneficial Lanesboro area businesses.
The Lanesboro Area Chamber of Commerce is seeking a dynamic and highly personable tourism and business development professional capable of furthering its mission by successfully building relationships, securing new opportunities and successfully communicating what’s unique and authentic about Lanesboro.
Lanesboro’s agricultural roots, Scandinavian heritage, love of outdoor recreation, and commitment to the arts sustain its strong identity. Lanesboro has been named one of the 20 Best Small Towns to Visit by Smithsonian Magazine and recognized as a “Top 12 Small Town ArtPlace” by ArtPlace America.
General Position Summary
The purpose of this position is to promote and support Lanesboro memberships, community collaborations, and regional partnerships in accordance with the LACC mission and goals established by the Board of Directors (BOD). This position requires knowledge of the principles of management and community leadership, experience communicating diplomatically & building consensus, the skill to supervise employees and volunteers, a passion for staying current on trends in the tourism industry, and the ability to represent the LACC, and Lanesboro in general, in a positive manner in community and public affairs.
Key Position Objectives
- Promote the Lanesboro experience through various marketing platforms and social media management in concert with the Marketing Team.
- Work with the Membership Team, grow and maintain a sustainable membership which mutually benefits the members and city of Lanesboro.
- Manage fiscal responsibilities and serve on the Finance Committee.
- Serve as the primary contact person and liaison for community organizations to fulfill the goal of bringing together a cohesive community in tandem with the Community Team.
- Develop a good working relationship to direct and/or supervise paid and non-paid staff to achieve the goals established by the BOD.
- Collaborate, coordinate and cooperate with the public school, city staff, city council & the members of various city commissions in order to support and advance community and economic development in an efficient manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
LACC is flexible regarding the scope of the position, along with the specific duties, responsibilities and hours per week, depending on the strengths, experience and qualifications of the selected candidate. The BOD and visitor center staff are committed to supporting and empowering the professional development of the selected candidate. LACC‘s top priority is hiring an individual with marketing experience that has strong interpersonal skills to facilitate positive long-term member relations. Depending on the background and skills of the selected candidate, tiered duties in administration, finance and technical marketing can be added or developed over time.
Job Related Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, hospitality/tourism, or closely related field.
- Minimum of two year’s experience in sales/marketing positions with preference to experience working in a leadership role in the chamber of commerce / tourism association industry.
- Experience in financial management and reporting.
- Proficient in ability to develop, analyze and interpret market research
- Strong interpersonal skills to cooperate and effectively cultivate relationships with BOD, prospects, members, volunteers and community stakeholders.
- Experience and success in developing compelling written, oral and visual communications materials.
- Ability to assess marketing opportunities and develop strategic plans to reach targeted audiences.
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently to diverse audiences and stakeholders.
- Strategic, critical thinking and problem solving abilities.
- Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Results-oriented and willingness to be accountable for measurable goals.
- Capable of maintaining sensitive/confidential information
- Must have the ability to foster positive member relations and quality assurance in customer service.
- Experience maintaining websites and managing social media platforms.
- Good IT skills and proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Must have/maintain a dependable vehicle with proof of license and insurance.
Current office hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Due to the nature of the position there will occasionally be work outside business hours in the evenings and on weekends when attending or participating in events and meetings.
Compensation and Employee Benefits
Compensation starts at $27,700 - $40,000 (32 - 40 hours) and is commensurate with experience and the scope of the position. Position receives paid time off for 6 annual holidays and accrues up to two weeks a year in paid time off.
How to Apply
Please send an email to The LACC Director Hiring Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, resume and list of 2-3 references. Please submit application materials by October 15 to receive full consideration. Position will remain open until the final candidate is selected. The Lanesboro Area Chamber of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls please.