Gallery Associate Job Opening
Lanesboro Arts is looking for a part-time Gallery Associate to work flexible hours throughout the year. The person who fills this position will gain excellent gallery experience with opportunity for growth. The Gallery Associate will work closely with the Gallery Director.
ResponsibilitiesThe person in this position works in the gallery building at 103 Parkway North. The Gallery Associate works with the Gallery Director in representing artists, as well as the mission and vision of Lanesboro Arts.
- Provide excellent customer service resulting in art sales in gallery
- Keep the gallery clean and display work appropriately, changing displays on a regular basis
- Assist with installation of all artwork and exhibits
- Assist with set-up, tear-down, and customer interactions at opening exhibit receptions
- Selling tickets for Lanesboro Arts events
- Management of inventory through point of sale system
- Serve as informational resource for organization to general public
- Simple data entry, and selling on consignment program
Lanesboro Arts reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities at any time. The job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Position InformationThis is an hourly part-time position averages at 15 hours a week with an hourly rate of $13. This includes some evenings and weekends. Hours vary throughout the year; applicant will need to be flexible.
Qualifications or RequirementsIdeal candidates have knowledge of art mediums, retail sales experience, some computer experience, high energy and good social and organizational skills. Preferred candidates have experience working in a nonprofit setting and a passion for art, creativity and community development.
How to ApplyThis position will remain open until filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume, cover letter and three references to Robbie Brokken; Gallery Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis by the Lanesboro Arts Leadership Team. No phone calls, please. Lanesboro Arts is an equal opportunity employer.