Lanesboro Area Chamber of Commerce seeks Executive Director
Lanesboro Area Chamber of Commerce - Executive Director - Job Summary
The Lanesboro Area Chamber of Commerce (LACC) is a 100+ member-based organization that exists to advance the civic, commercial, cultural, environmental, recreational, industrial, and agricultural interests of the city of Lanesboro, a thriving southeastern Minnesota community that has become a destination for hundreds of thousands of visitors. To this end, the Lanesboro Area Chamber of Commerce strategically promotes the Lanesboro area as a desirable place to live, work, visit and operate a business, while serving as both a catalyst for cooperation among Lanesboro area businesses & community organizations and as a resource for entrepreneurs working to retain, expand, and develop beneficial Lanesboro area businesses.
General Position Summary
The purpose of this position is to promote and support Lanesboro memberships, community collaborations, and regional partnerships in accordance with the LACC mission and goals established by the Board of Directors (BOD). This position requires knowledge of the principles of management and community leadership, experience communicating diplomatically & building consensus, the skill to supervise employees and volunteers, a passion for staying current on trends in the tourism industry, and the ability to represent the LACC, and Lanesboro in general, in a positive manner in community and public affairs.
Key Position Objectives
• Promote the Lanesboro experience through various marketing platforms and social media management.
• Grow and maintain a sustainable membership which mutually benefits the members and city of Lanesboro.
• Manage fiscal responsibilities of the organization, including receivables, paying bills, and monthly reconciliation.
• Develop a good working relationship to direct and/or supervise paid staff and volunteers. • Collaborate, coordinate and cooperate with the public school, city staff, city council & the members of various city commissions in order to support and advance community and economic development in an efficient manner.
• Complete various administrative duties including producing regular communications, managing the visitor center, grant proposal research & writing, and database management. • Cultivate a strong and transparent working relationship with the Board.
Job Related Skills & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, hospitality/tourism, or closely related field.
• Minimum of two years experience in sales/marketing positions with preference to experience working in a leadership role in the chamber of commerce / tourism association industry. • Experience in financial management and reporting.
• Strong interpersonal skills to cooperate and effectively cultivate relationships with BOD, prospects, members, volunteers and community stakeholders.
• Experience and success in developing compelling written, oral and visual communications materials.
• Ability to assess marketing opportunities and develop strategic plans to reach targeted audiences.
• Must have the ability to foster positive member relations and quality assurance in customer service.
• Experience maintaining websites and managing social media platforms.
The position requires regular office hours Monday – Friday. Time commitment is 40 hours per week. Due to the nature of the position there will occasionally be work outside business hours in the evenings and on weekends when attending or participating in events and meetings.
Compensation and Employee Benefits
Salary range is $43,000 - $45,000 and is commensurate with experience and the scope of the position. Position receives paid time off for six annual holidays and accrues up to two weeks a year in paid time off.
How to ApplyPlease send an email to the LACC Executive Director Hiring Committee at email@example.com with a cover letter, resume and list of 2-3 references. Please submit application materials by February 1, 2024, to receive full consideration. The position will remain open until the final candidate is selected. The Lanesboro Area Chamber of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls please.