Tours & Landmarks
Thursday - Saturday: 11:00 - 5:00
Sunday: 11:00 - 3:00
When the Site is Open:
Take a guided tour and get the full Historic Forestville experience! Connect with historic figures of the town to explore the choices these individuals faced at the turn of the 20th century and compare their experiences to your own life. The tour begins at the visitor center and travels through the garden, kitchen, Meighen family house and offices, and general store filled with original 19th-century merchandise.
- Included with site admission; purchase at the visitor center.
- Each tour is a 45-minute guided experience. Tours depart every half hour.
- The 1st tour begins when the site opens for the day. Tours leave every half hour, with the last tour at 4 pm.
- Purchase guided tour tickets at the visitor center.
When the site is closed:
Though the buildings are closed outside of posted site hours, you can still explore the townsite on your own with our self-guided brochure map. Find the brochure in the parking lot at the south side of the bridge or at the state park entrance. Explore the grounds on your own and find the well-preserved general store and homestead, as well as the sites where the grist-mill, distillery, cemetery, and schoolhouses once existed.
Think about the choices and factors that changed the course of this once-thriving community’s history. Engage with the history through the questions on the brochure.
Rep/Contact InfoMatt EidemSite Manager
- Phone: (507) 765-1266
- Cell Phone: (218) 304-1266
- Send an Email
- 21899 Cty Rd 118 Preston MN 55965