Arts, Culture & History
Through a diverse spectrum of community arts programming, Lanesboro Arts supports both emerging and established artists, helps revitalize public spaces, and build a sense of community and civic pride among the 754 people who call Lanesboro home. Bringing innovative arts experiences to audiences for over 35 years, Lanesboro Arts serves as a national model for empowering communities through the arts.
Lanesboro Arts programs include:
• Juried Sales Gallery featuring work by more than 90 regional artists working in variety of media.
• Exhibition Gallery showcasing five diverse individual or group art exhibits each year, in addition to annual High School & Emerging Artist Exhibitions.
• St. Mane Theatre, an historic 126-seat venue that presents films, concerts, drama, and the 'Over the Back Fence' community variety show.
• Art in the Park annual fine art festival in Sylvan Park with 90+ artist booths, live music, food vendors, & more -- taking place in 2018 on Saturday, June 16.
• Artist Residency Program that connects the community to emerging artists from Minnesota & New York City through place-based art projects.
• Arts education & creation activities such as Surprise Sculpture and Open Studio.
• Lanesboro Arts Campus initiatives such as the Poetry Parking Lot, Discover Sculpture Explore Lanesboro Medallion walking tour, & the ''Colors of Bluff Country'' mural.
• Other cross sector collaborations such as the Youth Access Technology Project or Smithsonian Water/Ways.