Lanesboro, MN, proclaims third week of September as ''Welcoming Week''
Lanesboro Area Chamber of Commerce and Lanesboro EDA Host Activities on Wednesday, September 15, 2021
Related News: KIMT3 News | Fillmore County Journal
Lanesboro, MN September 8, 2021 — During the City Council meeting on September 7, 2021, the Lanesboro Council approved a proclamation designating the third week of September as “Welcoming Week.”
“Welcoming Week 2021,” a nationwide initiative of Welcoming America, helps communities celebrate unity and togetherness. Lanesboro will join the fun this year with special events on Wednesday, September 15th, organized by the Lanesboro Area Chamber of Commerce and the Lanesboro Economic Development Agency.
The day will begin with business owners and residents gathering at 7:30 am at Sylvan Park near the Gazebo for a time of informal conversation and networking. Complimentary coffee will be available sponsored by Lanesboro Chamber and provided by Home Sweet Home Cafe and Cakery. At 8:00 am Mayor Jason Resseman will officially proclaim the third week of September as “Welcoming Week” in Lanesboro. Lanesboro’s EDA will unveil an E-1 collaborative grant for business education, as well as a Lanesboro Livability grant from the Southern Minnesota Initiative Foundation.
At 8:30 am, the Lanesboro Area Chamber of Commerce will showcase many new businesses and business owners with several business ribbon cuttings, including:
- A Guest Hus Motel (new owner 2021)
- Andor Wenneson Inn (new owner 2020)
- Anna V's B&B (new owners 2021)
- Bluffscape Amish Tours, LLC (new owner 2021)
- Coffee Street Inn (new owners 2021)
- Driftless Trading Post Canoe, Tube & Kayak Rentals (new business 2021)
- Eye Prize Marketing (new business 2020)
- Grandma's (new owners 2021)
- Juniper's (Formerly Riverside on the Root) (new business coming in 2021)
- Leafy Legacy Herb Farm (new business 2020)
- Loubelle's Ice Cream & Sandwich Shoppe (new business 2021)
- O's Poppin Kernels (new business 2021)
- Revival House Therapeutic Massage & Wellness (new business 2021)
- Root River Gardens (new business 2021)
- Root River Inn (formerly Brewster's Red Hotel) (new owners 2021)
- Root River Unwined (new business 2020)
- Spellbound Atelier (new business 2020)
- Sylvan Brewing (new business 2020)
- The Work Space (new business 2021)
- Whalan Depot (new business 2021)
At 5:30 pm Lanesboro Chamber and business owners will gather at Sylvan Brewing for a “Happy Hour,” giving new business owners an opportunity to share more about themselves and their plans for their new Lanesboro initiatives.
Come join us in Lanesboro on September 15 to celebrate “Welcoming Week” and our new business owners. No matter where you’re from, or how long you’ve called this area home, we’re glad you’re here! We want to foster a sense of belonging by bringing neighbors and business professionals together to build relationships and work together on shared goals.
Since 2012, Welcoming Week has served as the annual campaign and celebration led by Welcoming America to showcase the growing movement of communities striving to be more welcoming places for all, including immigrants. By fostering mutual respect and cooperation between new and long-time residents, Welcoming Week brings together people across lines of difference toward greater prosperity for all.
Welcoming America is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that leads a movement of inclusive communities becoming more prosperous by ensuring everyone belongs.
The Lanesboro Area Chamber of Commerce is a 100+ member-based nonprofit organization open to individual supporting members, non-profit members and businesses, that seeks to improve the community and business climate by promoting the Lanesboro area as a desirable place to live, work, visit, and operate a business.
The Lanesboro Economic Development Agency supports business start ups and expansions in the Lanesboro area. The Lanesboro Area Chamber of Commerce is a 100+ member-based nonprofit organization open to individual supporting members, non-profit members and businesses, that seeks to improve the community and business climate by promoting the Lanesboro area as a desirable place to live, work, visit, and operate a business.
source download: pdf & photos