Grab your girlfriends and venture to Lanesboro for a winter fun getaway. There is so much to do (or not do!). Just relax – from shopping to hiking to dining and more. Lanesboro is the perfect cold weather vacation destination for a winter girls' weekend.
Even in the winter, there are plenty of excellent lodging options open and ready to host you for your getaway.
- Find a cozy room with a rustic fireplace at Stone Mill Hotel and Suites.
- Root River Inn and Suites has a variety of rooms and suites to suit your needs.
- Find more lodging options, like whole-house stays, and check availability by visiting the Chamber website.
Although some of our restaurants may have reduced hours in the winter, there is always one option open for each meal period in town. Check out the Foodie Finds itinerary for dining ideas.
Savor a delicious brew at Paddle On Coffee and Maker Emporium, and curl up in a cozy chair by the fireplace. You can shop from items made by local artists as you sip.
Partake in happy hour at one of downtown’s establishments.
- Mozy over to High Court Pub for specialty drinks, flatbread pizza, wings, and burgers, and take in the unique interior of the historic building.
- Root River Saloon and the Lanesboro American Legion will take care of your happy hour needs with drinks and pizza.
- Grab your gals and head to the community center, located at Sylvan Park, for some pickleball! Nets and gear are ready for you to use. Just check with the City for hours.
- Action Fitness in downtown Lanesboro has day passes and fitness classes.
Choose Lanesboro for your quilting or knitting retreat and explore Cheryl’s Fabric Garden and Driftless Fiber Arts (opening in 2024)! This quilt, yarn, and fabric shop will take care of your sewing and crafting needs. Classes are offered, too!
The first Saturday of December in Lanesboro is the annual Holiday Dinner Dance. Dine and dance at the Lanesboro Community Center – a tradition for over 40 years!
Break out the flannel and come to Cabin Fever Fest the second weekend in March. Shop, dine, partake in a game-a-thon, and experience an artist showcase.
Take your pick of art activities from the Arts Experience itinerary
Get outside using the Outdoor Adventures itinerary
Learn Something New
Check out history activities from the History Buff itinerary.
- Jem Theatre in Harmony, Minnesota, has weekend movies. Fillmore County’s only movie theater!
- Looking for that supper club dining experience? Travel just 10 minutes to Preston, Minnesota, to Branding Iron Supper Club and enjoy walleye, steak, sandwiches, and more!
- Travel 30 minutes west to Four Daughters Winery, located just outside Spring Valley, Minnesota, for a wine or bourbon tasting experience with delicious food to boot!
Subject to change. Check with each individual business/organization on hours and availability.